Meters are scheduled to be installed in specified areas within South Weber and South Ogden. The installation areas can be viewed by clicking the links below.
Click to view South Weber Installation area
Click to view South Ogden installation area
24 hours of notice will be given via door hanger prior to installation.
Improvements will be added to the system at no charge to you. Weber Basin wants you to be aware of secondary water usage. The installation of meters will allow Weber Basin to provide residents with a monthly water usage report. See below for other project benefits:
- A new Weber Basin valve will be installed on all connections that receive a meter. The valve will be operated by Weber Basin personnel only.
- Meters will facilitate water conservation and allow Weber Basin to test the effectiveness of water conservation programs.
- Understanding secondary water usage and promoting conservation is the key to using our limited water supply wisely and planning for the future.
Residents can expect the following project-related impacts:
- Secondary water meters will be installed on your existing connection.
- A small area on either side of the park strip will be excavated to install the meter. Some meters are located in the backyard of properties, and will require access.
- When the meter is installed, an 18” diameter meter box cover (similar to your culinary water meter box) will be visible.
- Following installation, the contractor will restore landscaping in the installation area.